Tuesday, March 10, 2009

More Granada






Oh and the picture of the foodstuffs from last post is of Churros, Spanish-style. Basically just fried tubes of dough dipped in melted chocolate. The hostel we stayed in was awesome. It had a huge courtyard with hammocks. Unfotunately I fell out of one of them and hurt my back. It still hurts. But other than that it was amazing. The picture of the space diorama is from the hostel. There was this weird cave under the stairs with pillows to sit on and that little space thing in the corner. The others are various pictures from the gypsy caves, the alhambra, and the street around where we stayed and walked every day. absolutely gorgeous! I called home today and left a message. Dad, I know it's your birthday tomorrow and I really want to call and talk to you, I'm not sure if you're working on your birthday. But I'll try. Today was my first day volunteering at the Córdoba zoo, helping/playing with autistic children. The zoo here is really small but they have all the best animals. I was inches away from a jaguar today and it looked so soft! it was behind glass though so don't worry. My friend and I are thinking about Mallorca or Portugal for spring break, and I'm going with a group to Barcelona next week! very excited about that as I've wanted to go to Barcelona for a long time. I've written enough for now. I'm actually really homesick. love you tons!

1 comment:

  1. Toners,

    Great post; love the pics and sharing in this small way with you.

    No worries about the 'hippo birdie, two ewes' for tomorrow (remember that card?); consider your thoughtful comments more than enough to appreciate you thinking of me and remembering.............

    Keep up the daily adventures and cultural (and, oh yeah, academic) learning/experiences.

    See you in a few months (we're 'homesick' for you too!).

    Love ya,

    Paw...............=):^>

    ReplyDelete