Friday, February 20, 2009

adventures!!!

This weekend I am leaving Córdoba for the first time since coming here. Carnaval in Cádiz! I'm going as a cave (wo)man. will most definitely have some interesting pictures. but anyways...
Today at 6:30 I am meeting my intercambio, Marta, for the first time. so excited! I'm meeting her in Plaza Tendillas, in the very center of the city. Speaking of Plaza Tendillas, two friends and I went there last week and there were a few people making giant bubbles. This is what those pictures are from. It was a very adventurous day. after that we walked around the old part of town and explored. (The picture of of the red building with the mats over the windows.) apparently when it gets hot in summer they soak the mats in water so it evaporates and cools the house. awesome! We ended up going into the AC Hotel, Córdoba's big five-star, to use the bathroom, which for some reason was on the 6th floor. But it had such a beautiful view that we stayed as long as we could before getting kicked out. (The picture of the two girls laying on the couch thing in front of the big window.) A man came and asked us what room we were in and if we were staying there. I guess they have cameras. We pretended not to understand him and said we were waiting for our grandma, but he made us leave anyway. It's probably the nicest hotel I have ever been in. The remaining picture is a fun one my friend took of us doing "USA" in the Mezquita.
Today we went to Medinat Al-Zhara (some ruins). It was beautiful! I am seriously in love with Muslim architecture. I will put up pictures when I upload them. Very excited for Cádiz this weekend and Granada next weekend. still not sure what i am doing for spring break. It sounds like most people are going to Italy. Ok I have to go now. Love love.

No comments:

Post a Comment